EDC SEA is aimed to be permanent fixture in ASEAN ESI calendar as biennial regional conference initiated by CIRED Malaysia, Indonesia, HAPUA, TNB and regional entities.
The theme of conference is “Towards Business Excellence and Sustainable Future” as that epitomizes inevitable challenges for ESI in ASEAN region for years to come.
Summary of Objectives & Focus of EDC SEA 2014 :
- To provide a regional platform /conference for sharing, exchanges of knowledge, experiences, challenges, opportunities & solutions that are more relevant to ASEAN utility business environment
- To bring to forth challenges and best practices solutions in promoting more efficient and sustainable market/industry in ASEAN
- To develop networking between ASEAN utility and regional-based service providers/industry stakeholders and create business relationship & opportunities in ASEAN utility market in line with AEC (ASEAN Economic Community)
Lessons Learned from Sessions/Deliberations on Specific Subjects:
- Business Strategies – more efforts in understanding, strategies in driving business efficiency
- Asset Management – many utilities stuck in traditional or transitional AM, many need to understand how asset-centric organization really works and perform; more than management system – paradigm and culture, need strategic and holistic transformation; PAS55/ISO55000 as final destination?
- Business Retail Solutions – to build on better understanding of customer’s real needs not perceptions, understanding of delivery and cost of services & differentiation